What takes a chocolate cupcake to the next level?
Stuffing it with American Dream Nut Butter of course!
This cupcake recipe takes everything you love about moist, fluffy, decadent chocolate cupcakes and kicks it up a notch but filling the center with our creamy, drizzly Vegan Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter.
Our Vegan Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter tastes ultra guilty, but is actually low carb, low sugar and made with premium roasted almonds we source directly from the farm! Handcrafted in the USA, in small batches, our creamy almond butter makes the perfect filling for this easy chocolate cupcake recipe.
Confetti Cake Pop Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes: 6 cupcakes
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup plain flour (can use gluten free)
- 2 tbsp self-rising flour (can use gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 50 grams butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 6 tsp American Dream Nut Butter Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter
- 60 grams butter
- 60 grams American Dream Nut Butter Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan-forced, and line a standard muffin tray with 6 muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Allow it to cool slightly before adding the caster sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla essence and milk and whisking to combine.
- Add the baking powder and salt and stir.
- Gradually sift in the cacao powder and flours, whisking between each to ensure all lumps are gone.
- Distribute the cake mix evenly between the 6 muffin liners.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean, and the cupcakes spring back when you touch them lightly.
- Set the cupcakes aside on a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the butter for the icing from the fridge to soften.
- Once they are cool, use a small circular piping bag attachment (or a small spoon) to remove about 1 tsp of cake from the centre of each cupcake.
- Fill each hole with 1 tsp of Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter.
- To make the icing, whip together the softened butter, Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter, icing sugar and milk in a large bowl using an electric whisk.
- Spread or pipe the icing on the cupcakes, and enjoy.
Original recipe created for American Dream Nut Butter via Lindsay Fordham, That LoFo Life.