As the weather begins to warm up, you might be craving not only a cold treat, but something that will fulfill your sweet tooth this summertime.
These high protein maple pecan fudge squares might just be the most addicting, healthy treat that's made with minimal ingredients!
1/2 cup pretzels
1 1/2 cups Breakfast in Bed Peanut Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
(we love to use grass-fed protein)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Arrange pretzels vertically on base of dish, be sure to cover the entire bottom.
3. In a medium bowl, combine coconut oil and nut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until coconut oil and peanut butter melt, stirring every 15-20 seconds.
4. Whisk in syrup.
5. Mix protein powder in quickly.
6. Quickly pour mixture into dish on top of pretzels.
7. Lightly press mixture down then sprinkle over with pecans.
8. Lightly press pecans into fudge.
9. Melt the 1 tbsp extra of both coconut oil and nut butter.
10. Refrigerate or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
Ready to give this maple pecan protein fudge a try? Be sure to tag us in your creations on Instagram, over at @americandreamnutbutter!