Fudgy Peanut Butter Cashew Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Ice cream lovers REJOICE!
We have the ULTIMATE low-carb, refined sugar free, dairy free, creamy confection for you. This Fudgy Peanut Butter Cashew Ice Cream recipe is so rich you'll be shocked that it doesn't contain milk or cream. And even better than the squeaky clean ingredients? No need for an ice cream maker!
What makes this cashew ice cream so dang good?! Well, it has to be our American Dream Nut Butter Grandmas PB Fudge, our original peanut butter blend! Made with premium roasted peanuts and hand-whipped with home style fudge flavor, our gourmet nut butters are always gluten-free and Stevia sweetened.
Get your cones, bowls and ice cream scoops ready!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cashew Ice Cream
1 1/3 cup cashews soaked overnight
1 can full fat coconut milk1 heaping tbsp American Dream Grandmas Peanut Butter Fudge
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
6 or 10 dates (if omitting xanthan gum use 10 dates)
1/3 cup nut milk
Toppings: chopped nuts (we love pecans or walnuts) and more PB!
- Place soaked cashews, coconut milk from can, dates, vanilla, Xanthan Gum, Grandmas PB Fudge Peanut Butter, and nut milk into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, try scraping downsides and add 1 tbsp more of milk. If wanting it more sweet, you can add a few more dates.
- No ice cream maker? Start by chilling a loaf pan in the freezer.
- Pour half of your ice cream mixture into the bottom of the pan. Drizzle with extra peanut butter and any additional desired toppings. Drag your spoon back and forth to mix into a marble effect.
- Then top with remaining half of your ice cream mixture and top with more peanut butter. Swirl again with a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Want single servings? Try this: Remove your ice cream from the freezer after 20 minutes and scoop into roughly ten scoops and place onto a cookie sheet. Place back into the freezer until frozen solid and store in a freezer bag or storage container. Makes for quick ready to eat servings.
- If you didn't pre scoop the ice cream, let your full loaf pan warm on the counter for 5- 10 minutes to soften before scooping.
Original recipe created for American Dream Nut Butter via Heart Fully Nourished.
Hi Renee: Yes! We offer a collection of vegan-friendly blends that can easily be used for this recipe – Vegan Confetti Cake Pop Almond Butter, Vegan Cookie Batter Almond Butter and any of our Just Plain Nutty series (Almond, Peanut Butter or Cashew). Thank you!!
Team American Dream on
I notice the recipe says dairy free yet all of the nut butters contain milk. Are there any nut butters that dont contain milk so I can try some recipes?