Protein Peanut Butter Bread
Grandma's bread just got a whole new vibe!
1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, 120g
½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder, 45g, Whey-casein
⅓ cup Unflavored Protein Powder, 30g, Whey-casein
⅓ cup Peanut Butter Powder, 32g
¼ cup Coconut Flour, 28g
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
½ cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Applesauce, 150g
¾ cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt, 168g
⅓ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 80ml
¼ cup Pot of Gold Peanut Butter, 56g
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp White Chocolate Chips, 28g, Sugar free recommended
1 Tbsp Chopped Roasted Peanuts, 14g
1 oz Crushed Pretzels, 28g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8½" x 4½" loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix whole wheat pastry flour, vanilla protein powder, unflavored protein powder, peanut butter powder, coconut flour and baking powder.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, almond milk, Pot of Gold Peanut Butter, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add dry mix to wet, and gently fold until combined.
5. DO NOT OVER-MIX or protein powder and gluten from wheat flour will make the bread dense.
6. Add in most of the white chocolate chips, crushed pretzels and peanuts, reserving a few for the top.
7. Gently fold until combined; Do not over-mix.
8. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with remaining mix-ins.
9. Bake for 55-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into center should come out dry.
10. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes and cut into slices.
11. Add on some more Pot of Gold PB and enjoy!
Servings: 12 slices, ⅔” thick | Serving size: 1 slice
Fat: 5.3g | Saturated fat: 1.4g
Carbohydrates: 17.2g | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 2.8g
Original recipe by Hayl's Kitchen
This looks incredible and definitely worth a try!
Megan Rondeau on
Yum! Banana, and Zucchini breads are big hits in our home! Adding some protein is a great idea. We will definitely be trying this! Thanks for the recipe!
Ronni T on
American Dream Nut Butters are perfect for baking! They lend great texture and flavor!
Jen C on