Healthified Homemade Snickers Bars
It's only right that since we recently launched the SPOOKTACULAR Thicka Than a Snicka Peanut Butter, we had to make homemade snickers bars with it!
These healthified bars are made with simple ingredients, packed with protein and in our opinion.. are much better than the real thing!
Indulge if you dare... 👻
1/2 cup Peanuts
1-1/2 cup Dates (to soften, soak in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain)
3 tablespoons of Thicka Than a Snicka Peanut Butter
1-1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Dairy-Free Milk (almond, oat, soy or cashew work best)
1-1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips (premium high quality work best)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Line a bread pan or square 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add ingredients for the nougat layer and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the nougat mixture to the baking dish and press evenly. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- While the nougat is chilling, in a food processor, blend together the soaked and drained dates with the peanut butter until smooth. Be sure to stop and scrape the sides down every so often to be sure the mixture is well combined.
- Add in the peanuts to the caramel mixture and fold together.
- Once the nougat layer is solid, remove from the freezer and spread the caramel date layer evenly on top of the nougat layer.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once chilled for an hour, melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil.
- Slice the caramel nougat layers into 12 equal bars or even sections.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use 2 forks or a pair of tongs to take one bar and dip it into the chocolate. Be sure you are flipping it over until fully coated.
- Remove the coated bar and place onto the parchment paper and repeat the process.
- Place the sheet of bars in the fridge or freezer to set for 15 minutes until the chocolate coating is completely hardened.
- Optional: Drizzle remaining melted chocolate on top, add flakey sea salt on top and ENJOY!
Bring these indulgent healthy, protein packed homemade snickers bars to your next party and watch everyone say "OH MY GOURD! These are amazing!"