Banana Crumb Cake
¾ cup butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup greek yogurt or sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
6 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp Pot of Gold Peanut Butter
1. In a small bowl, stir together the filling ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Then, add in the melted butter and Pot of Gold Peanut Butter, and stir until large crumbs form.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line a 9x9” baking pan, and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until pale in color. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and then beat until smooth.
5. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on low speed until just combined, Then, add in the greek yogurt or sour cream, and bananas. Beat until the batter is fully combined.
7. Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the filling evenly over the surface of the batter in the pan, and then spread the rest of the batter on top of the filling.
8. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the filling around with the batter. Then, sprinkle the crumb mixture over top.
9. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
With so many crumb cake recipes out there the Pot of Gold Peanut Butter sets this one above all others! The sweet and salty combo makes the “crumb” of the crumb topping so tasty.
EmmaLynn Misak on
Combination of 3 of my favorite things – banana bread, crumb cake & PB! Can’t wait to try this soon 😍!
Kayla Diskin on
I’m obsessed with the recipes – I don’t think there is a better ingredient than American Dream Nut Butters for all things sweet!
Michelle Wiszniewski on
One of my favorites to make with ADNB! Such a versatile recipe too, as you can switch up the nut butter flavors! I also use a gluten free flour blend and it works just fine!
Samantha Otis on
Wow this looks amazing! I never would have thought to use the pot of gold in this recipe but I’m definitely making this Sunday and enjoying with a hot cup of coffee. My husband loves crumb cake.
Ashley Smolinski on
Can I use a gluten-free all purpose flour instead of regular AP Flour? And brand recommendation?
Roberta M. Thornton on