If there's one thing that many of us tried out hand at during peak quarantine it was likely baking a banana bread. You may have felt like you've tested them all, but this banana bread recipe is a game changer, we swear!
Featuring our NEW Just Plain Nutty Cashew Butter as well as secret hidden veggie (spoiler alert, zucchini!) this fluffy, moist and nutritionally-dense banana bread recipe is one you'll be going back to time and time again.
Oh and did we mention this bread is free of flour (yay, gluten free!), oil and refined sugar. Easily make this banana bread vegan friendly with our coconut yogurt and sweetener recommendations, too! The flavor and texture make for a perfectly moist slice any time of day!
Prep time: 10 MINS
Cook time: 40 MINS
1.5 c gluten-free rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp Just Plain Nutty Cashew Butter
1/2 c coconut yogurt
1/4 c sticky sweetener like honey (maple, date syrup or agave if vegan!)
1 c banana, mashed
1 c packed zucchini, shredded and drained
1/3 c dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add egg, yogurt and sticky sweetener and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large bowl and fold in the bananas, zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
Allow to cool before cutting! Store bread in the fridge in a sealed container. Pro tip: top a warm slice with your favorite American Dream Nut Butter blend, you won't be sorry!
Original recipe created for American Dream Nut Butter via TheBalancedWhisk.