Are you looking for a healthy summer snack that's healthy, low-carb, and kid-friendly? Then peanut butter milkshakes are the perfect choice for your family. Made with nutrient-packed peanut butter, low-carb ice cream, and protein yogurt, these recipes are a treat you can't get enough of.
Whether you prefer a more plain peanut butter taste or love adding toppings and extra flavors to your milkshake, you'll find a recipe for every day of the week. The best thing about these milkshakes is that your kids will love them as a midday summer snack and they can even help you make them.
They can choose toppings and anything else they want to add to customize each recipe to their liking. You can even make them ahead and pop them in the fridge so there's a healthy nutritious refreshing snack whenever your kids need one.
Here are 5 delicious, nutrient-rich peanut butter milkshake recipes to keep you cool and refreshed all summer long.
Why Peanut Butter Is Healthy and Good For You
Peanuts are a healthy source of plant protein, with as much as 35 grams of protein per cup of peanuts. For reference, a single serving of two tablespoons of our Just Plain Nutty Peanut Butter contains 8 grams of protein. This way, peanut butter is a healthy, nutrient-rich food you can use as-is or add to your favorite snacks and drinks.
Aside from protein, peanut butter also contains healthy fats, vitamin D, calcium, potassium, and iron, along with dietary fiber. This makes peanut butter one of the healthiest, most energy-boosting foods out there. Say goodbye to store-bought milkshakes with a long list of unhealthy ingredients and replace them with homemade milkshakes that are so easy to make.
However, you need to pay close attention to the ingredients in your peanut butter. Many manufacturers add tons of sugar, vegetable oils, flavor enhancers, and additives to the product to make it taste better. We at American Dream Nut Butters are dedicated to keeping peanut butter healthy, gluten-free, low in sugar and carbs, and we use grass-fed lactose-free whey for added protein.
You can add our peanut butter to all your snacks, milkshakes, smoothies, and breakfast recipes without thinking about extra calories and unnecessary refined sugars. All you need to do is scoop a hefty amount, spread it generously on a piece of bread or toast, and enjoy.
If you have a peanut butter allergy, you can try our cashew and almond butters instead. They're equally delicious and bursting with flavor and nutrients, so you'll still get the creamy consistency of peanut butter and all the protein. Always read the ingredients list to make sure you're not allergic to some of the ingredients.
If you've been wondering how to make a healthy peanut butter milkshake that's not loaded with processed sugar and calories, read on below to find the best recipes.
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
If you're a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, we have the best healthy peanut butter milkshake combo for you! Made with creamy chocolate ice cream and our Gimme S’more Peanut Butter, you can recreate that summer bonfire feeling in a glass!
You can also sneak in a piece of your favorite chocolate to make this milkshake even more delicious. Set aside a few chocolate pieces for garnish later. You can either crush them into small chunks and sprinkle them on top or make chocolate shavings for a fancy swirly topping.
- 2-3 scoops chocolate ice cream*
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 heaping tbsp. Gimme S’more Peanut Butter
- 1 cup of ice (if needed)
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Toppings (chocolate sauce, whipped cream, chocolate chips)
* If you're using vanilla ice cream, add 1 tsp. cocoa powder to the mix. You can also skip the ice cream altogether and add 1 large frozen banana instead.
Using a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve in a tall glass you've chilled in the fridge and garnish with your favorite toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
2. Vanilla Dream Peanut Butter Milkshake
If you're looking for delicious vanilla peanut butter milkshake recipes, look no further! With only a few simple ingredients, this milkshake will become a summer staple in your kitchen and everyone will want more!
- 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream (for a healthier version, use sugar-free or low-carb ice cream)
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (low-fat, unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. Allie's PB Princess Peanut Butter
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Toppings of choice (whipped cream, sprinkles, white chocolate chips, coconut flakes)
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until you get a smooth mixture. Pour in a tall milkshake glass, add toppings, and drizzle some honey for extra sweetness. Serve chilled and enjoy! For a more low-calorie version, skip the toppings and sweeteners and enjoy the natural flavors of this milkshake. You can also use our Just Plain Nutty Peanut Butter as a low-carb version and make your own sugar-free colorful sprinkles.
3. Cinnamon Swirl Peanut Butter Milkshake
Are you a fan of cinnamon rolls and coffee cake? Then this Cinnamon Swirl peanut butter milkshake is your new summer favorite. Made with our Cinnamon Coffee Cake peanut butter, it's one of the best healthy peanut butter milkshakes you'll ever try.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (or 1/2 cup of ice if not using ice cream)
- 1 large frozen banana cut into chunks (if not using ice cream)
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon Coffee Cake peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk of choice (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks and ground cinnamon for topping
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Check the consistency for thickness and add more milk if it's too thick and more banana or ice if it's too thin. Serve in a tall milkshake glass and add a few more ice cubes if needed. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and ground cinnamon on top and enjoy.
4. Protein Peanut Butter Milkshake
Want to add more protein to your morning shake? This peanut butter protein milkshake is high in protein, low in sugar, and so flavorful you'll want a second helping. Made with our Just Plain Nutty Peanut Butter, you'll get a boost of energy, protein, and nutrients all in one go!
- 2 scoops protein ice cream (if using regular ice cream, add 1 scoop of protein powder to the mix)
- 1/2 cup milk or protein yogurt of choice
- 2-3 tbsp. Just Plain Nutty Peanut Butter (contains a total of 8 grams of protein per 2-tsp. serving!)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional)
- Crushed peanuts for topping
Add the ice cream, peanut butter, and vanilla extract to a blender and process until smooth. If the milkshake is too thick, add the milk or yogurt and blend again. If you want a creamier consistency and more sweetness, add the banana to the mix. Pour in a tall chilled glass and serve immediately.
5. Breakfast In Bed Peanut Butter Milkshake
When you want to sleep in and enjoy a delicious breakfast in bed, this milkshake recipe is exactly what you need on a lazy morning. Made with our Breakfast In Bed peanut butter, this milkshake will be full of flavor and just enough sweetness to jumpstart your day.
- 2-3 scoops vanilla or chocolate ice cream (you can use sugar-free or low-carb ice cream as a healthier alternative)
- 2-3 tbsp. Breakfast In Bed Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup of milk of choice (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce for topping
Using a high-speed blender, blend the ice cream, peanut butter, oatmeal, milk, and vanilla extract until you get a smooth lump-free consistency. Pour the milkshake into a chilled tall glass, add whipped cream on top, and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve cold and enjoy!
Looking for a Healthy Yummy Snack? Try These Delicious Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipes!
Whether you love peanut butter by the spoon or prefer to add it to your favorite snacks and meals, these peanut butter milkshake recipes will give you all the cool and sweet flavors you need this summer! Play around with the ingredients and try them all using our gourmet American Dream nut butters.
Discover your next favorite nut butter over on our online shop and make our peanut, almond, and cashew butters an essential part of your breakfast and snacks. Whether you like your nut butter plain or don't mind trying out new flavors, we're sure you'll find a new favorite in no time!
We prepare each nut butter separately to ensure there's no cross-contamination in case you're allergic to peanuts, cashews, or almonds. This way, you can enjoy your favorite nut butter without worrying about allergies and can choose from a variety of flavors and toppings.